I looked up and saw the number 99 at the top, indicating I am at a milestone with this post – it is #100. I thought I would celebrate that by asking myself a question I think all people and all teams should do routinely. What do I believe?
I believe . . .
- . . . the best conversations start with a commitment to listening.
- . . . people are amazingly resourceful and resilient, and sometimes they just need a little help.
- . . . friendship is defined more by the mountains we climb together than the celebrations we have at the top or bottom.
- . . . feeling lonely is a reality, being alone is a choice.
- . . . change is a reality, managing the change well is a choice.
- . . . a commitment to serve others should come first, followed by the willingness to say “thank you” and “I am sorry”.
- . . . life begins to make more sense when we have a foundational belief about something – but BEWARE of foundations that shift often. (this is my VALUE OF WISDOM belief)
- . . . leadership is working with people to accomplish their goals and the goals of the organization. (thanks Ken Blanchard)
- . . . to be loved by others is a gift, to accept that love and to love others back are choices.
- . . . to be trusted by others is a gift, to trust others is a choice.
- . . . companies are in business to make money and to make a positive impact on the world around them (ie. make a difference), AND they get into trouble when they forget to apply these two rules to their decisions.
There are probably a few more to add, but I also believe in keeping most posts under 300 words. 🙂
Here are a frew questions for you / your team:
- What do I/we believe? (it can be called a SWOT analysis or strategic planning)
- What are the top 3? Which are new?